Costume Direct Returns Policy
Thank you for ordering from Costume Direct our Sydney costumes shop, we hope that you are happy with your purchase. If for some reason you are not satisfied we will do our best to help you. Most items may be exchanged or returned for a store credit provided you follow the correct procedure.
Exchange / Returns Procedure:
Costume Direct Sydney costume shop is committed to making our Exchange/Return procedure as hassle-free as possible for our customers. If you would like to exchange or return your order just follow these easy steps:
- Log into your Costume Direct account
- Under 'Manage Your Account' on the right hand side of your screen, click 'Completed Orders'. This will bring up a list of orders you have placed with us. To the right of the Order Details you will see a button 'Return item(s)'. Click this button and your order details will be displayed. Select the quantity of each item in your order you wish to exchange/receive store credit for. Next select the reason for your return, and the action you would like us to take. If you are requesting an exchange for the same product in a different size, please indicate which size you would like to exchange your product for (Subject to availability). Then click 'Submit Return Request'.
- You will receive an email confirming your Request for Return. This is confirmation of your request only.
- We will assess your 'Return Request' and, if you are eligible, will authorise your return. If you do not fit within the eligibility criteria, your request will be rejected. You will receive email notification once your request has been 'Authorised' or 'Rejected'. This typically happens within 24 hours of us receiving your request.
- If you receive a 'Request Rejected' email, please do not send your item(s) back to us. If you require further information as to why your Request did not meet our eligibility criteria, please contact us.
- If you receive a 'Return Authorised' email, please send your order back via a traceable method. We can not be responsible for items You have 7 days for us to receive the parcel back. Once we receive your order we will mark it as 'received'. Then:
- If you requested an exchange, we will create a new order for you and give you a call to arrange additional postage of your exchange item(s) to you. Once payment for postage has been processed we will send your exchange item(s) to you via Express Post.
- If you requested store credit, we will credit your account with store credit to the value of the item(s) you returned to us.
- If you do not return your order within 7 days of your return being approved we may not be able to give you a store credit.
We allow 7 days from the date of delivery for you to try on the costume and check the fit. If for any reason you decide you would like to return or exchange you must contact us within this period to initiate an exchange or return. An exchange will only be approved or a return credited subject to eligibility.
Please note: Credits will be for the cost of the goods only and do NOT include any postage and handling charges.
The Costume/Products I received do not match the picture. Why?
The exact appearance of a costume or product may change without notice, due to the manufacturer's production or change of manufacturer. These changes are beyond our control. We apologise for any inconvenience caused as a result. We will reflect any changes to the costumes in the website descriptions and images as soon as we become aware of them. You may exchange or return your item(s) for a refund or store credit. Please follow our Exchange/Return Procedure. Thank you for your understanding.
What do I do if I need a different size?
Please follow the 'Exchange/Return Procedure' outlined above.
Our Hassle Free Returns Policy means in most cases you will be eligible for exchange or return of your order for store credit. Please see the below list of when you are NOT eligible. We do not give returns/exchanges for:
- Products that have been used, worn or altered. They MUST be in original saleable condition; unworn (except for being tried on) and in original packaging.
- Mascot style animal drop ship costumes - all these mascot costumes are made to order therefore no return or exchange.
- Hair Sprays, cosmetics
- Underwear or undergarments
- Socks and stockings
- Eyewear including eyelashes and contact lenses.
- Wigs, beards, facial hair (unless returned in sealed, unopened packaging)
- Prosthetics, fangs or any fake teeth (unless returned in sealed, unopened packaging)
- Special Orders - Mascot costumes (Products that start with OCE in the Product Code)
- Costume ordered in for you (ie. typically orders for quantities over 6 costumes)
- Postage charges
- Orders with which a request for exchange/return is not received within time. You must also have your Return/Exchange ID issued and post your order back within 7 days of the order being delivered to you
- Orders not sent back via a traceable method.
- Orders that have not been sent back to us after 7 days of contacting us and having us confirm your eligibility for exchange/return.
- Any returns/exchanges we receive with missing items.
- Refunds are not given for damaged packaging, we can only replace goods that are faulty on arrival.
- Most costumes are not designed for everyday wear. Damage due to over-use, rough treatment or general wear and tear are not covered.
If you have received an incorrect item we apologise. Please contact us within 48 hours of receipt to organise delivery of the correct item.
Please ensure you inspect your costume when you receive it to ensure all items are included, as we cannot accept a return of a costume after it is worn, even if items are missing. If items are missing, you must notify us before wearing the costume so that we can arrange an exchange or refund.
Customers using a promotional voucher or group buying coupon can exchange only, no refunds are available for the vouchers. Our policies comply with the Australian Guidelines for Electronic Commerce 2006 by the Office of Fair Trading & Consumer Affairs Business Practice Rules.
How long will it take for my exchange to be processed?
Typically, exchanges are processed and sent off within 1 business day of us receiving the merchandise back.
What if the item(s) I would like to exchange my order for is not as expensive?
Items can be exchanged for products up to equal value. We are able to give you store credit for the difference.
Please note: Returns Exchanges must be sent via Australia Post Registered Post within 7 days of you receiving the order from us. If you do not send your order via this method we can not be responsible if we do not receive it. Returns are for the cost of merchandise only and do not include posting and handling. You will need to pay to post the costume back to us.
Please follow correct Return procedure or we will be unable to process your request for return.
Please contact us by phone if you need to: 0430 088 768 or (02) 9487 3333 (the latter of these numbers will put you through to All Costumes Great and Small, who are able to answer your questions too).
Important Information: There is a minimum 15% restocking fee if you order 5 or more of one item and then return them. There can be no claims after 7 days from the date you received the goods. You must request exchange/return, be issued your Exchange/Return ID, and send your order back to us within 7 days of it being delivered to you.
I have more questions!
If there is anything else we can help you with, please contact us directly.